[Talk-GB] OSM Analysis updated with May 2014 OS Locator data

Donald Noble drnoble at gmail.com
Sun May 18 10:52:38 UTC 2014

Has anyone else noticed that the Ordnance Survey seem to be including
more abbreviations in their Locator names, such as Gdns. and Cres.
which flag up as errors when compared to the full names in OSM?

Is it best practice to include these as alt_name or not:name on the
OSM way? I have mainly been doing the latter, as they are not named
with the abbreviation, but perhaps it make more sense to call the
abbreviation an alternative spelling.

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers, Donald

On 13 May 2014 14:24, Shaun McDonald <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:
> ITO’s OSM Analysis has been updated with the latest OS Locator data. Most places have dropped out of the 100% completeness compared to OS Locator. There’s now 18 places which have less than 95% completeness.
>
> http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/osm_analysis/main
>
> Shaun McDonald
> Developer
> ITO World