[Talk-GB] Road works

pmailkeey . pmailkeey at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:51:49 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I think we need road works features for the map - with restrictions as to
their use:

   - Only for closures - where rerouting is *necessary*
   - Only for works affecting more than 1 day (as otherwise not really
   worth the effort to put on)
   - Not generally for use re closures re accidents and incidents (but only
   due to short time effects).

Ideal for cases where the bridge has washed away in the floods etc. and
repairs will take months.

Can we please discuss and wikify ?

Examples:

Proposed road works:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/335977956#map=19/54.46572/-3.55080

Existing road works: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/335558485

Possible Issues:

   - Naming - 'road works' is clearly not enough. adding a finishing date
   code would enable anyone to find finished works to reinstate the road
   (provided works don't go over time)
   - by area ?
   - maintenance of data?

Ok, that's some outline ideas... discuss !

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>