[Talk-GB] Wiki deprecation of an in-use feature

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sat Apr 25 20:09:06 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> Bryce ... you still have to make the case for 'special cases'. There is
> no reason to have two tags for many of these amenities.

That's not the purpose I started this thread for.
"waterway=water_point" is in use.

--
The issue of how to tag non-interoperable features is a valid issue, but a
much bigger issue. We have mutually incompatible amenities for aircraft,

Until that's resolved, I feel the wiki should reflect *current* tagging
practice.  Thus "waterway=water_point" as "in use" on the wiki until either
a vote happens to remove it, or a new tagging proposal takes hold.

--
For a counter example take "denotation=cluster".  It was "in use" until the
last worldwide example was mechanically removed.  Nobody seems to want it