[Talk-GB] OS OpenData now OGL

Owen Boswarva owen.boswarva at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:11:16 UTC 2015

In my view the additional bit about "acquiring rights in the Information
(whether the Information is obtained directly from the Licensor or
otherwise)" is a clarification; not a change to the effect of the licence
(when comparing the versions).

"You" applies to persons acquiring rights in the information indirectly
under all versions of OGL. The additional wording in Version 3 just makes
that explicit. Otherwise Version 3 would not be backward compatible with
Version 2.

Owen

 This is really good news and thank you Rob for flagging it.  Thanks also