[Talk-GB] OS OpenData now OGL

Owen Boswarva owen.boswarva at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:22:01 UTC 2015

That seems inconsistent. If OSM was concerned about the OS OpenData Licence
before, with respect to OS data, it should still be concerned with respect
to data produced by third parties that continue to use the licence.

The OS OpenData Licence is not "dead" if local authorities and other PSMA
members consider that it still applies to their data. While it is likely
most, if not all, local authorities will follow OS's transition to OGL, OS
cannot speak for them or their IP interests in the meantime. Robert
(Whittaker) is correct.

Owen