[Talk-GB] New mapper causing problems

Neil McManus neilmcmanus at outlook.com
Thu May 21 21:04:10 UTC 2015

A new user has burst onto the scene in my local area and has made lots
of bad edits.

For example:
http://osm.org/go/evfACGRIT

They added the outline of the road around the mini-roundabout and have
disconnected the footpaths from the roads.  They have deleted the
footpaths/cycleways that I added and replaced them with "path".   Or
sometimes they run in parallel with the original.

Anyway, I tried contacting them politely and their reply was basically
"I know what I'm doing, I'm making it better".  Their changeset comments
are either "add icon" or "updating wrong information on map i live here
i know the layout of most of what is here".

Could someone undo their bad work by removing their changesets?  Or how
is the best way to proceed?  I get the feeling if I try and correct
their errors they will just put it back the way they want.