[Talk-GB] [OSM-dev] New Map Style feedback

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 13:01:02 UTC 2015

On 02/11/15 12:49, Marc Gemis wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk
> <mailto:lester at lsces.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Now that I've got an easy toggle between the new style and the French
>     tile server a few more backwards steps become apparent. The other WTF
>
> Don't you have a problem with all names appearing in French ? The French
> tile server shows Londres...

That is not a problem with the local embedded elements, but I don't have
anything suitable to replace the main osm site as the 'large view' which
has been my main promotional tool up until now. Switching to  the
Mapquest layer is better than nothing, but that has stripped most of the
detail that is the whole point of using osm in the first place :(

I've got a local display of my own style, but as yet not got that
working as a cached tile server on the production servers :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL