[Talk-GB] UK chapter

Dennis Bauszus dbauszus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:41:32 UTC 2016

I also missed the previous conference call due to a deadline. Will sit
in again tomorrow evening.

I have reminded a few people to sign up as founding members. I would
also recommend to contact GIS teachers at UK universities. I recently
participated in a careers talk for first year GIS students and the
knowledge on OSM is poor. It is imperative to gather interest at the
grass root to really support the project.

I will contact colleagues at King's College, University London, Kingston
University. Perhaps everyone should contact academic peers if you have
some here in the UK.

I am web developer and would be happy to setup a website for OSM UK in
future. My company Geolytix can host this site on one of our shared
DigitalOcean cloud server or we can host the site on an Openshift gear.

To start with it would be great to have a wordspace blog in which we can
post weekly, meeting updates and notes and also improve access to an
open discussion via the comments section.

Cheers,
Dennis