[Talk-GB] Schools

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 5 15:10:31 UTC 2016

On 05/08/2016 13:41, Colin Smale wrote:

> What I meant was, having established that some (many?) schools will
> need to use the MP model, all consumers (for this data) will need to
> be ready to process MPs anyway. A single polygon consisting of a
> single way is just a degenerate case of an MP. Modelling all of them
> as an MP saves an "if" statement and a second set of logic to process
> the data.
>
> The single, closed way and the trivial MP containing such a way are
> entirely semantically equivalent. There is no need to have two ways of
> representing exactly the same information.

What I meant was, it makes it more time consuming for those mappers who
add data.
If the school (or whatever) needs to be edited & I see it's an MP, to
ensure I'm amending all instances correctly I have to do a search for
all members. A bit irritating when I find it's solitary.

There's a clue in the name multi-polygon that singular entities
shouldn't be tag as such.

Dave F.