[Talk-GB] Schools

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri Aug 5 19:38:41 UTC 2016

On 8/5/2016 5:59 AM, Andy Allan wrote:
> Our mapping conventions are based on our mappers, not consumers. As
> you say, it's easy for the consumers to handle both situations, but
> it's harder for mappers to deal with multipolygons-with-one-outer than
> just a basic closed way.

Speaking as a data consumer and a maintainer of the major software which
handles multipolygons, I much prefer mapping to be done as a basic
closed way instead of a multipolygon with one outer. I support
converting the latter to the former where it exists already. This agrees
with what I have heard from other major data consumers.