[Talk-GB] ref:hectares on admin boundary, and non-responsive mapper

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 16 23:57:19 UTC 2016

On 16/08/2016 17:28, Colin Smale wrote:

> Dave, if the is_in values are based on common usage rather than
> administrative reality, then it would actually be correct to leave
> them unchanged.

If a better way of doing something is created then the old methods
become redundant & should be removed for the reasons Andy Allan
mentioned in a previous post in this thread. Sarah Hoffmann's reply in
the Talk thread I posted clearly says is_in:* "is unnecessary"

> The point I am trying to make, is that I see a need to support a
> variety of addressing/location systems, which are all correct in their
> own way, but useful for different things.

As far as I can see is_in:* is used for the same things as boundaries,
but is less efficient & prone to errors.

Are you aware of any utilities that use is_in:*?

Cheers
Dave F.