[Talk-GB] Possible use of OS triangulation stations to determine aerial imagery offset

Greg gregrs at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 19:08:39 UTC 2016

I'm pleased to say that I have had confirmation from Ordnance Survey
that their triangulation station data can be used under the Open
Government Licence v3. I have documented this on the wiki:
[http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Gregrs/Ordnance_Survey_triangulation_stations].

I will try to look into making this data more accessible to the
community so that it can be used to more accurately determine the offset
of aerial imagery. I have experimented with this idea around the Rugby
area and it seems to work well.

I am also in the process of analysing the relationship between this data
and the large number of 'man_made=survey_point's already in the database
in order to determine whether it might be feasible/useful to
import/merge the data. It looks like similar data has been imported from
IGN in France. Of course I won't do this until it's been properly
discussed.

Thanks,
Greg.