[Talk-GB] Vandalism by https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/JoeanPlanck

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 20:36:29 UTC 2016

On 21/08/2016 20:39, Ed Catmur wrote:
> Does anyone feel like sending a welcome message and/or keeping an eye
> on them for any subsequent vandalism this week or next weekend?

I've applied a 0-hour block
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/1005 (essentially a "message
that has to be read before they can continue mapping"). Their locale is
zh-CN so it's possible that not all of that message will be intelligible
to them (though their changeset comments are all in English), but it
should at least cause some pause for thought.

Essentially what BCNorwich had already done in
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/41583904 was exactly right - send
a constructive, helpful, non-blaming message to the new user. As we've
seen from some of the MAPS.ME edits not everyone who edits OSM for the
first time knows what it is or what they're doing.

Cheers,
Andy