[Talk-GB] Mapping dangerous - but valid - routes

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Mon Dec 5 16:28:09 UTC 2016

Hi Stuart,

I'd keep it in, ensure other object information such as the number of lanes is included within the data. Then the routing engine can take account of the additional information, such as avoiding, but not exempting (thus creating islands that you can't walk out of) at crossing points that cross 3 lanes of traffic. You can also present a warning that there is an uncontrolled crossing and you need to cross 3 lanes of traffic if this is the only suitable route.

Shaun