[Talk-GB] Ideas for quarterly projects

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:57:48 UTC 2016

Nice ideas. My thoughts:

* GLAMs seems a well-defined, well-scoped and accessible task, I like it!

* Shops - no, IMHO. I've said this before, but a one-off push to
update a high street's shops is unhelpful in my experience it leaves
rapidly outdated data thereafter. Shops data needs local maintainers
not one-off projects because of the turnover rate.

* Pubs - no, IMHO. OSM's got loads of pub data, largely fine already,
and it's also a very "classic" OSM topic which not only has its own
critical mass but also appeals only to pub-frequenting segments of
society, not a good focus for making OSM useful to new appreciators.

Cheers
Dan