[Talk-GB] Notes for places removed from FHRS?

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 21 15:01:51 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew

I wouldn't use FHRS:ID as the be all & end all. It doesn't mean they've
closed down. On the ground verification is required. Depending on a
local authority's preferences, existing companies changing a name, or a
manager can trigger a new ID. Schools becoming academies in my area were
given new ones.

When a business closes down I fully delete the FHRS:ID. If a new one
opens in the same premises I add the available data for it. This doesn't
usually include FHRS, at first, as a premises has to be open for a while
to gain a worthwhile rating.

Comment on SK53:
It's been agreed by many that OSM is not a historical store, but a
record of what's currently there. Imagine how clogged the database would
become if all historical data was retained or even added, as some wish
to do. (I live in a Roman City, it would be a complete mess)

Cheers
DaveF

On 21/12/2016 13:05, Andrew Hain wrote:

> Richmond has updated its FHRS records and two entries that previously
> appeared in the list are now reported as unresolved in the GregRS
> tool. Should I add notes that they are no longer in FHRS and should be
> checked in the ground or is adding notes from public quality assurance
> tools a bad idea?
>
> --
> Andrew

---