[Talk-GB] Ideas for quarterly projects

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 19:17:37 UTC 2016

Certainly round Nottingham many Notes persist because they remain relevant.

In Tendring poleclimber adds notes from planning applications. New notes
tend to get looked at by someone present on the osm-gb IRC channel within a
short time of them appearing and spurious ones get closed.

We get plenty of notes via MapBox which are in areas where we don'
t have mappers and therefore it is not possible to close them without a
specific survey.

I worry that a focus on clearing Notes & Fixmes would end up in the removal
of useful information. So I'm not in favour of this for a quarterly project.

I would also add that Andy (SomeoneElse) has created a very simple to use
<https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/Notes01/blob/master/README.md> way of
grabbing a set of notes or fixmes and creating a GPX file which can be
loaded into a GPS or smartphone for mapping on the move.

Jerry