[Talk-GB] Quarterly task

Paul Paul.bivand at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 31 23:10:43 UTC 2016

On Saturday, 31 December 2016 19:31:06 BST, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> I would welcome a less labour intensive task this quarter. Am
> still forging ahead with fhrs:ids but with 2700 establishments
> in Brighton & Hove and only me mapping it is hard (but useful)
> work.
>

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 23:50 Rob Nickerson, <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not just Notes but the fixme tag too. And yes, this will
> be skewed to areas with fewer active mappers. This is partly the
> point of the project - to help improve lesser mapped areas and
> to encourage us to spread the word about OSM! The aim for me has
> always been "at least one mapper in every town".
>
> We need to pick something for the Q1 Winter months and in my
> view it's this quarter where remote mapping best fits. Many
> fixme tags can be improved using all the new remote resources we
> now have access to.
>
> Rob
>
> P.s. sorry for new thread - I only read the messages via the archive.

Ditto here, for Medway (and when I've got that down to a reasonable
state/weather warmed up, I've got Swale, Maidstone and parts of
Tonbridge/Malling to keep me busy.

On the plus side, fhrs does give a fair coverage of:

Pubs
Social clubs
Fast Food
restaurants/cafes
pre-schools
social care establishments

Though I rather think with social care ones those run by social services
directly have their addresses obfuscated or handled centrally, for possibly
good reasons.

I'll dip in and out of quarterly projects, as the projects suit my
survey-only methods (checking against the tools) as surveying gives me a
reason to get on the bike or out walking.

Paul