[Talk-GB] Redraft of objectives for OSMUK

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:05:34 UTC 2016

>Hi everyone
>
>3rd draft following this week's concall
><snip>
>
>@Rob - this really needs to go in the wiki but I'm not really proficient at
>wiki editing
>
>Regards
>Brian

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the delay. This is done now [1]. By the way the wiki is now a lot
easier to edit as it has a new "WYSIWYG" type editor :-)

My comments on the draft are:

   - To avoid confusion with OS OpenData we should change "OpenData" to
   either "open data" or, my preference, the more general "information".
   - As we cover UK and Islands then we shouldn't use just UK in the
   objectives. Suggest replacing "the UK" with "the Region" and defining this
   somewhere in our articles of association.

We should push to adopt this at the next meeting. Do we have a date for
that yet?

Cheers,
*Rob*
[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_Group