[Talk-GB] 2016 first quarterly project:Schools

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sat Jan 2 15:24:04 UTC 2016

On 02/01/2016 12:51, Brian Prangle wrote:
> That gives a total of 32,318 schools. Taginfo shows 27,191 schools
> which is 84.1% coverage in OSM. However 6,348 are represented as nodes
> only. It would be great to have these as polygons and associated
> buildings. It would also be great to have close to 100% coverage.
>
> This data comes from a cursory web search. If anyone has better or
> newer data, it's welcome.

 From experience I would say schools are the entities that are most
likely to be mapped with duplicating nodes & polygons, so I'm unsure if
those numbers are truly representative. I've even noticed that
individual school buildings are occasionally tagged as amenity=school
causing a similar problem to Cambridge University..

The boundary polygon should include not only the buildings &
playgrounds, but recreation grounds/sports pitches

---