[Talk-GB] 2016 first quarterly project:Schools

Stuart Reynolds stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk
Tue Jan 5 17:03:07 UTC 2016

I’m thinking that while we are reviewing the schools, it would be a good idea to add the Edubase reference into a Ref tag for each school boundary polygon, to make it easier to track in future. Is that reference stable enough?
If we think that it is a good idea, perhaps we could make it part of an agreed “do minimum” for this project. For example:

  *   draw and tag the boundary polygon with a minimum of
     *   amenity=school
     *   name=*
     *   ref=*
  *   add entrances
     *   at least one entrance=main
     *   barrier=gate where appropriate - I would have thought most schools will have gates
     *   others entrances where appropriate
  *   then optionally, but preferably, draw the school buildings and tag building=school.

I know we don’t want to be prescriptive, but it would certainly help people (like myself) who haven't participated in projects before ’t there was a (readily achievable) level of expectation as to what involvement in the project meant.

Personally I have been adding in the buildings, but I haven’t been worrying (for now) about playing fields and the like - I’ll go back and revisit those if I have time. But there are a surprising number of missing schools so I have been looking to get those in first.

Cheers
Stuart