[Talk-GB] 2016 first quarterly project:Schools

John Aldridge jpsa at cantab.net
Wed Jan 6 12:04:57 UTC 2016

On 05-Jan-16 17:03, Stuart Reynolds wrote:
>   * draw and tag the boundary polygon with a minimum of
>       o amenity=school
>       o name=*
>       o ref=*
>   * add entrances
>       o at least one entrance=main
>       o barrier=gate where appropriate - I would have thought most
>         schools will have gates
>       o others entrances where appropriate
>   * then optionally, but preferably, draw the school buildings and tag
>     building=school.

I have a school car-park tagging question...

Suppose there's a vehicle entrance, distinct from the main/pedestrian
entrance, leading (perhaps via some service road) to the school
car-park. How should this best be tagged? Is

   amenity=parking_entrance

the appropriate tag (it's in the Wiki, but that page could be read as
suggesting that this tag is an alternative to mapping an
amenity=parking, not an addition to it). Or is

   entrance=parking

better? The Wiki doesn't mention 'parking' as a value for the 'entrance'
tag, but maybe that doesn't matter.

Presumably an

   access=destination

tag will also usually be appropriate on the the school car-park?

--
Cheers,
John