[Talk-GB] 2016 first quarterly project:Schools

John Aldridge jpsa at cantab.net
Wed Jan 6 12:04:57 UTC 2016

On 05-Jan-16 17:03, Stuart Reynolds wrote:
>   * draw and tag the boundary polygon with a minimum of
>       o amenity=school
>       o name=*
>       o ref=*
>   * add entrances
>       o at least one entrance=main
>       o barrier=gate where appropriate - I would have thought most
>         schools will have gates
>       o others entrances where appropriate
>   * then optionally, but preferably, draw the school buildings and tag
>     building=school.

I have a school car-park tagging question...

Suppose there's a vehicle entrance, distinct from the main/pedestrian 
entrance, leading (perhaps via some service road) to the school 
car-park. How should this best be tagged? Is


the appropriate tag (it's in the Wiki, but that page could be read as 
suggesting that this tag is an alternative to mapping an 
amenity=parking, not an addition to it). Or is


better? The Wiki doesn't mention 'parking' as a value for the 'entrance' 
tag, but maybe that doesn't matter.

Presumably an


tag will also usually be appropriate on the the school car-park?


More information about the Talk-GB mailing list