[Talk-GB] "UKOSM" Aims draft 2

Richard Symonds richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk
Thu Jan 7 12:59:50 UTC 2016

I'm not sure if this will help you, but the UK Wikimedia chapter's objects
are as follows:

   - The Objects of the Charity are, for the benefit of the public, to
   promote and support the widest possible public access to, use of and
   contribution to Open Content of an encyclopaedic or educational nature or
   of similar utility to the general public, in particular the Open Content
   supported and provided by Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., based in San
   Francisco, California, USA.
   - "Content" means textual or numerical information, still or moving
   images, sound or music or other data disseminated on printed, electronic
   and other appropriate media and services. Content is subject to editorial
   policies and safeguards designed to ensure its overall accuracy and
   quality.
   - Content is "Open" when it is available for no charge and without
   discrimination to the general public, with legal rights to view, copy,
   share, adapt, improve and otherwise use and reuse that content and when
   technical measures are in place to support such usage.

We don't limit our activities to the UK in our objects - it would make it
difficult for us to work with organisations abroad (like UNESCO, for
example). Something similar might be useful for you when you're drafting
your own - or not, as the case may be - I don't mean to get overly
involved, just trying to help :-).

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992