[Talk-GB] More questions on Schools project

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:27:42 UTC 2016

On 8 January 2016 at 12:22, Stuart Reynolds <
stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have some questions about naming, and also the content of Edubase.

> If someone could also suggest how to tag one school split across two
> sites, I would be very happy!
>
> Many thanks
> Regards,
> Stuart

I'd also be interested in the one school / multiple sites issue.

These are becoming commoner as one school takes over another. The
particular problem is that each site will have a name and the school itself
will have a name. One example is the Nottingham Bluecoat School which has
two sites, the original main site, and the Wollaton Park Campus site
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/16487967> (a 'failing' secondary school
taken over by Bluecoat, but now various functions are partitioned between
the sites). Perhaps something like campus_name might work for now: I find
the concatenation Bluecoat School - Wollaton Park Campus unwieldy and it's
not easy to identify these multi-campus institutions.

(A side note, this school also hosts churches at both sites: slightly
diffiicult in terms of locating the actual hall used for services &
debatable whether rented locations should be specifically marked as place
of worship, although in these cases both are signed outside the school).

Jerry