[Talk-GB] More questions on Schools project

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 8 14:02:58 UTC 2016

Does anyone have information on the lifecycle of an Edubase ID? If a
school changes name, does the ID change? What about if it changes status
and becomes an academy? If a school splits, do both halves get a new ID
or does one half carry on with the old one?

(GSS identifiers used to identify geographic areas such as local
government districts are immutable: if any boundary changes take place,
a new ID is issued for the modifed boundary. I.e. they are not as stable
as you might think...)

--colin

On 2016-01-08 14:27, SK53 wrote:

> On 8 January 2016 at 12:22, Stuart Reynolds <stuart at travelinesoutheast.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have some questions about naming, and also the content of Edubase.
>>
>> If someone could also suggest how to tag one school split across two sites, I would be very happy!
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Regards,
>> Stuart
>
> I'd also be interested in the one school / multiple sites issue.
>
> These are becoming commoner as one school takes over another. The particular problem is that each site will have a name and the school itself will have a name. One example is the Nottingham Bluecoat School which has two sites, the original main site, and the Wollaton Park Campus site [1] (a 'failing' secondary school taken over by Bluecoat, but now various functions are partitioned between the sites). Perhaps something like campus_name might work for now: I find the concatenation Bluecoat School - Wollaton Park Campus unwieldy and it's not easy to identify these multi-campus institutions.
>
> (A side note, this school also hosts churches at both sites: slightly diffiicult in terms of locating the actual hall used for services & debatable whether rented locations should be specifically marked as place of worship, although in these cases both are signed outside the school).
>
> Jerry

Links:
------
[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/16487967