[Talk-GB] Review plan for adding 1, 164 wikidata tags in the West Midlands

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:07:02 UTC 2016

> On 17 January 2016 at 12:55, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Please remove the School list from this. We are currently adding the
>> edubase references to each of these, and this will replace the need for
>> an additional wikidata tag. Better to just have the one primary reference.
>
> There is no restriction limiting us to add only one identifier, and no
> harm done by adding both. In particular, the EduBase ID does not
> "remove the need" to add a Wikidata ID.

I agree - there is no harm at all in adding both identifiers, and both
are useful. My vote would be please DO include them in your work,
thanks!

A related schools question: the wikidata schools objects often have a
key called "DfE URN", but this seems NOT to be the same identifier as
our edubase references being added in the schools project. I can't
find many examples of schools that are in both lists and which have
"DfE URN" but here's one: Hanley Castle High School with DfE URN
116981 <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q5648588> and Edubase identifier
137101 <http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/schools/progress/WR/>. Do these
two identifiers have any relation to each other?

Best
Dan