[Talk-GB] Administrative boundaries: polygons or polylines?

Bob Hawkins bobhawkins at waitrose.com
Sun Jan 17 18:59:30 UTC 2016

Colin
The answer might lie with role=outer.  I applied it to Nettlebed in JOSM as a test, uploaded the change and ran a new query in Overpass turbo.  Nettlebed appears as a polygon now.  It seems I should apply it to all my cases for best practice, as you write, because it does appear other software might be adversely affected by its absence.
I thank you for your constructive input.
With regards
Bob

---