[Talk-GB] Administrative boundaries: polygons or polylines?

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 17 19:12:20 UTC 2016

Bob,

Glad to be of assistance.

One tiny word of warning when you add role=outer: please make sure you
do it to ALL the ways (without a role) in a relation, because a mix of
empty roles and role=outer in the same relation will definitely cause
more problems than simply having empty roles!

You may be interested in my page where I have consolidated my notes on
UK admin boundaries in OSM:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Csmale/ukboundaries

Best regards,

Colin

On 2016-01-17 19:59, Bob Hawkins wrote:

> Colin
> The answer might lie with role=outer.  I applied it to Nettlebed in JOSM as a test, uploaded the change and ran a new query in Overpass turbo.  Nettlebed appears as a polygon now.  It seems I should apply it to all my cases for best practice, as you write, because it does appear other software might be adversely affected by its absence.
> I thank you for your constructive input.
>
> With regards
> Bob
>
> [1]
> This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.

Links:
------
[1]