[Talk-GB] Abbreviations in OSM and schools

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 20:42:05 UTC 2016

So, should we be using the full school name or abbreviating 'church of
england voluntary aided' to CEVA as they do on the school pullovers?
Similar questions for other variations - I've seen CE, CoE, C of E for
example.

I've been leaving existing names in the main (occasionally adding VC or VA)
in the hope these are from surveys and are what are on the sign, but some
names are sourced from fhrs or even os opendata. Is the DfE name better in
these cases?

Ed