[Talk-GB] Review plan for adding 1, 164 wikidata tags in the West Midlands

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 09:15:36 UTC 2016

On 18/01/16 06:54, Edward Betts wrote:
>> Timing wise I'd suggest adding the school data now and then re-running the
>> > query in 3 months after the end of our quarterly project to see if anything
>> > changes. It is no more work (Shift+R in JOSM) to move a wikidata tag from
>> > node to way as it is to move the amenity=school tag from node to way so I
>> > don't see this as a blocker. Others may have different opinions.
> The list of schools in the West Midlands is ready to go. Does anybody have an
> objection to me adding the wikidata tags now? If not I'll add them.

Only done a quick scan, but Pershore High School no longer has just a
node. Not sure on some others since need to check objects to match on of
multiple names. Don't think any body else is editing these schools
currently? But *I* would appreciate breaking up the commits so we don't
end up with all 1164 on the one change set? :(

The wikidata tag is in addition to the existing wikipedia tag?

An interesting aside is just how many of these places while present as a
node in Google have no indication of the location of even the approach
road to the school let alone where to park. Perhaps once the project is
complete we might convince the DoE that a much better map is available?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL