[Talk-GB] Review plan for adding 1, 164 wikidata tags in the West Midlands

Edward Betts edward at 4angle.com
Mon Jan 18 12:19:13 UTC 2016

Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> On 18/01/16 06:54, Edward Betts wrote:
> > The list of schools in the West Midlands is ready to go. Does anybody have an
> > objection to me adding the wikidata tags now? If not I'll add them.
>
> Only done a quick scan, but Pershore High School no longer has just a
> node. Not sure on some others since need to check objects to match on of
> multiple names. Don't think any body else is editing these schools
> currently?

My work is based on a data dump downloaded a week ago. My code for adding the
wikidata tags to OSM will skip any objects that no longer exist.

> But *I* would appreciate breaking up the commits so we don't end up with all
> 1164 on the one change set? :(

The matches that I've found in the West Midlands are grouped into 44
categories. The plan is to have one changeset per category, not to upload 1164
changes in a single changeset.

> The wikidata tag is in addition to the existing wikipedia tag?

Yes. I'm not planning to make any changes to wikipedia tags.

--
Edward.