[Talk-GB] Schools Progress Tracker Update

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 09:49:03 UTC 2016

Just a quick note to say that I've updated the matching used in my
tool at http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/schools/progress/ so that OSM
objects with a ref:edubase, ref:seedcode, or ref:deniirn that matches
an entry on the official list will now always be 'matched' in my tool.

(Previously the match would only be recorded if the OSM object was
within 1km of the postcode centroid recorded in the official list.
Also official list entries with a missing or invalid postcode could
not be matched at all. Both of these problems are now fixed.)

This new looseness in the matching is needed to cope with some schools
that have missing postcodes in the official lists, and multiple sites
and/or use PO boxes for their official address. However, it may lead
to some false positives, so there is a new report at
http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/schools/matching-queries.html which
lists possible problems with the matching that would benefit from
manual checking.

Best wishes,

Robert.

--