[Talk-GB] Schools Progress Tracker Update

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 24 16:14:52 UTC 2016

Great stuff. I've corrected a couple of my mistakes you've flagged.

Would it be possible to add the area location so we can check the ones
where we have more local knowledge?

If we let you know the why certain schools are flagging an error could
you update your list with an extra column to indicate the reason? It
would save users from double checking.

On your OSM Keys page, what's the significance of the yellow/grey shading?

Cheers
Dave F.

On 24/01/2016 09:49, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
> Just a quick note to say that I've updated the matching used in my
> tool at http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/schools/progress/ so that OSM
> objects with a ref:edubase, ref:seedcode, or ref:deniirn that matches
> an entry on the official list will now always be 'matched' in my tool.
>
> (Previously the match would only be recorded if the OSM object was
> within 1km of the postcode centroid recorded in the official list.
> Also official list entries with a missing or invalid postcode could
> not be matched at all. Both of these problems are now fixed.)
>
> This new looseness in the matching is needed to cope with some schools
> that have missing postcodes in the official lists, and multiple sites
> and/or use PO boxes for their official address. However, it may lead
> to some false positives, so there is a new report at
> http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/schools/matching-queries.html which
> lists possible problems with the matching that would benefit from
> manual checking.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Robert.

---