[Talk-GB] Next UK chapter concall

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 26 07:33:20 UTC 2016

Hi Brian

I think we should have "ordinary" members with full voting rights.  Another class of membership should be for "organisations".  They should be required to nominate an individual to represent them.  Their voting rights should be limited so they cannot vote for committee membership or stand on the committee.

At this time I would also suggest we set a minimum age for any type of membership to 18. I believe this would simplify issues when it come to complying with child protection legislation.

Apart form the initial cost of setting up any organisation.  I would guess the main annual cost will be insurance and auditor fees for the accounts.  This assumes that we won't be paying the committee expenses!   I'm aware of a couple of organisations that seem to do this for an annual fee of £25-£35 for ordinary membership.  Any "organisation" type of membership would need to be excluded from the insurance unless we got down an affiliate model along the lines of mountaineering clubs that affiliate to the BMC for example.

Kind Regards

Dudley

Sent from my iPad