[Talk-GB] Admin Boundaries in Northern Ireland

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 27 11:00:36 UTC 2016

Cities in the UK is a title awarded to a "place" by the Crown
(formally). The status has to be awarded to some entity, which is
usually an existing local government unit. Its boundaries are therefore
inherited from the local government unit which holds the city status.

Not to be confused with "large towns"!

Colin