[Talk-GB] The Park, Nottingham

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jan 28 13:59:10 UTC 2016

On 28/01/16 13:34, Stuart Reynolds wrote:

> There is an area of Nottingham called The Park that is a private estate.
> At present, all of the roads on the estate are tagged as
> access=destination. However, my client at Nottingham City Council
> informs me that “there is definitely pedestrian access /through/ The
> Park” [my italics], while another colleague tells me that “having lived
> for many years on a gated private road, my interpretation of the signs
> [viewable on Streetview] is that the road and vehicular access is
> private, but there is an unimpeded pedestrian right of way in this
> example in Notts (as there was where I lived in the past)”.

The whole question of The Park is well known in OSM circles...

Jerry will probably be along in a bit to give you chapter and verse on
the question - as I recall there was some sort of planning enquiry
relating to the question of rights of way there to which he and possibly
some other OSMers gave evidence.

Certainly in general we have a particularly active community in the
Nottingham area so it's always worth talking to them about any local issues.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/