[Talk-GB] UK war office maps of Africa digitised

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Jan 31 20:04:19 UTC 2016

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> David Woolley wrote:
> > Are you really asking if anyone is prepared to fund the tile server,
> > and donate time to any georeferencing needed?
> I'm asking what the *potential* is for that, or any other necessary
> steps, to be done.

For individual sheets like this, I think Mapwarper (mapwarper.net) is going
to be your best bet. It's not the sort of task that's well suited to the
techcentric skillset of OSM Operations (by which I mean Grant :) ) and I'd
be surprised if there were any local chapters willing to take it on, though
you could try HOT, perhaps.

But at heart - if you'd like to get some of these rectified, load them into
Mapwarper and have a play! And if you find it works, then you can recruit
more people to the cause.

cheers
Richard