[Talk-GB] UK war office maps of Africa digitised

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:42:17 UTC 2016

There is/was a mapwarper instance for wikimedia. I don't have the details
to hand, but perhaps Tim Waters will be able to tell us.

I think the problem with older maps of Africa and Asia is that a lot more
has changed than in Britain in the same period.

The set of maps which BL has digitised which I'd be very interested in are
city insurance maps. Certainly Leicester, Nottingham & Belfast are covered.
As far as I know these have not been made available on wikimedia.

Jerry