[Talk-GB] UK Postcodes

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Sun Sep 25 21:26:25 UTC 2016

You would have to ask OS. As I understand it OS and RM were pressured into releasing open data by the government in a bit of a hurry. I suspect the government didn't understand the different position of NI. OS has now seemingly become a convert to open data, publicly at least.

OS had the deal sweetened with the Public Sector Mapping Agreement, but I don't know what leverage was applied to RM. Now that RM is a private company that boat has sailed IMHO.

Cheers, Chris (chillly)

--
Cheers, Chris (chillly)