[Talk-GB] UK Postcodes

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Mon Sep 26 09:15:05 UTC 2016

I'm wondering if this FAQ is still up to date, which notes that the postcodes were computed in October 2012 and haven't been updated since. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/FAQ#My_postcode_is_missing.2Fwrong_but_I.27ve_fixed_it_in_the_OSM_data._What_is_wrong.3F There are many duplicate tickets about postcodes in Trac and Github issue trackers.

I'd much prefer to load the OS open data as a separate list into Nominatim, otherwise it'll be a nightmare trying to update the OSM data when the next release of the OS open data comes out. Adding postcodes to specific buildings in OSM is still useful to produce more accurate geocoding and reverse geocoding results.

Shaun