[Talk-GB] Autumn Quarterly Project

Brian Prangle bprangle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 16:11:30 UTC 2016

Hi everyone

It seems that the idea that got most traction from discussions  is to use Food
Hygiene Rating <http://ratings.food.gov.uk/>data  from the Food Standards
Agency to improve the density of POIs, addresses and postcodes in town
centres.(Town centres are not exclusive - it's just they'll provide the
most impact for users)

1.We have a great tool <http://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs/>developed
some time ago by gregrs, whose work we should really recognise by making
use of it.
2. We could semi-automate  the process if someone wants to build on the
code developed by Christian Ledermann for schools.
<https://schools.mapthe.uk/>
(We might even be very daring and completely automate it! That would
certainly accelerate our completion of UK postcode data which according to
Jerry's current estimate of completion will take 2-3 decades)
3. There are indications that the FSA might want to assist us.
4. This quarter might we try  a couple of new approaches?
a)collaborate on an area that needs some attention
b)in addition to improving the map and the community, improve our reach by
contacting potentially interested organisations/mappers outside the reach
of this talk group?

Regards

Brian