[Talk-GB] Birmingham Tree Import

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 15:53:12 UTC 2017

On 13/04/2017 16:12, Brian Prangle wrote:

> On the subject of fixing things, my block seems to have been
> precipitated by my not participating in changeset discussions of which
> I still remain oblivious because apparently the automatic email
> notification system breaks randomly and it seems I'm one of its
> victims. I can't fix this and I think it's a problem of at least two
> years standing.

I've seen a few different ways that emails can "not be delivered"; the
good news is that they're all user-fixable.

1) One kind of problem is over-zealous spam filtering by your email
provider.  A bit of training (regularly checking spam folders and
fishing valid mail out) should work here.  If it doesn't, change your
email provider.  With gmail (which your list mail and mine are using) I
occasionally have to check the junk folder to fish out non-English
emails, but otherwise it's pretty good at spam recognition.

2) Another is that you've tried to change email addresses in the past
and not confirmed the "new" address.  To fix this go into "My Settings"
and change email again, this time making sure that you click on the link
within the "Confirm your e-mail address" email.

3) A third problem I've seen (but pretty unlikely to be the case here)
is where you'd specified to your email provider that you want email
delivered to a particular host and then for whatever reason that becomes
impossible (perhaps the target server goes down). Again, fix the problem
that prevents email delivery, reconfirm the settings with your email
provider and hosts should start retrying again shortly.

> In the meantime is there any workround for viewing changeset discussions?

The ubiquitous Pascal Neis has an answer that's actually far better than
a workaround.   Using the userid for a particular user you can browse to
e.g.:

http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=9065

or you can click through from an entry in e.g.
http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussions?c=United%20Kingdom .

Best Regards,

Andy