[Talk-GB] Spam/Marketing manipulation of mapping data

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 13:17:01 UTC 2017

On 26/04/2017 14:08, Paul Berry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I presume egregious additions such as
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/40235088 can just be reverted,
> deleted, or otherwise reduced in impact (eg converting to a POI rather
> than an area) without further comment or is there a procedure for this?

Well that's clearly a rubbish edit so I'd just revert it.  If there
actually is something visible at the address given then that might be
worth mapping, perhaps as office=company, but if there isn't I wouldn't
even do that (it does match their website though).

The first time with these I normally "assume good faith" and comment in
the changeset suggesting that they have accidentally renamed an area.
They are new to OSM - it might (just might) have been accidental.

If they keep making these sort of edits then mail the DWG to get them
blocked (or worse).

Best Regards,

Andy