[Talk-GB] Building that have been replaced

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:30:38 UTC 2017

This happens to be a local convention which has evolved. I have no idea how
it is done in other places as I don't tend to keep track of changes in
buildings and am less likely to be in the position of regularly seeing a
building & then not being aware of it being demolished. So I'm not offering
it as a general solution and that needs to be said.'

I always say where to place it in context: not everyone reading these
emails will want to trawl through a whole list. So I try and provide enough
information for the casual reader as well as the regular reader.

Different parts of the UK have evolved quite different ways of mapping
certain features. Often a local consensus emerges because mappers encounter
each others work and probably copy a particular approach: either, if they
haven't seen such things mapped before, or if they didn't know any suitable
tags. This is not a bad thing: it ensures that data does get captured, and
usually it only pertains to fairly rare tags or situations.

Jerry