[Talk-GB] crop=grass or sod

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 21:46:11 UTC 2017

Turf is more suitable gb-en, sod in this usage AFAIK is mainly us-en. In
British & Irish usage a sod is more often a lump of earth or peat extracted
from the ground rather than the desirable grass on top. Sod off is I
believe distinctly gb-en.

Turf has the distinct advantage of being less likely to generate sniggers.

Jerry