[Talk-GB] Drinking fountains, Ben Fogle, Find-A-Fountain, and Google Maps

Seán Lynch seanlynch at umail.ucc.ie
Sat Jul 22 20:55:44 UTC 2017

Hey guys,

I recently asked this on OSM IE chat

You might be interested in http://overpass-turbo.eu/? You may be able to
change the parameters to locate drinking fountains in your ROI

You can also map and log plastic bottle litter and over 120 other kinds of
litter across 9 related-types of waste to campaign for improved services
(eg. drinking fountains) and evaluate those services once implemented on my
website @ openlittermap.com. You might be interested in the spider map
<http://openlittermap.com/global> and weighted hexagonal spatial analysis
<https://openlittermap.com/maps/Ireland/County%20Cork/Cork/map> - notice
how you can toggle the layers by related waste. All data from openlittermap
is Free to download. In 1-click you can download all data by Country,
County/State or City- just log in and the option will become available.
Feel welcome to build it up too. Once data reaches successful verification
all maps, charts, etc update automatically. If you can use this data to
stop plastic going into the ocean and educate people, businesses, policy
and institutions or locate hotspots of litter for collection, please do.

Cheers from across the pond,
Seán

On 22 July 2017 at 21:40, Paul Berry <pmberry2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This example is years old but references the find-a-fountain dataset. Do
> we want to cross-reference drinking water sources in this way?
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1504407936
>
> Sent from my HTC

https://openlittermap.com @OpenLitterMap (Fb, Tw, Ig)
M.Sc. Coastal & Marine Environments (NUIG, 2015)
M.Sc. GIS & Remote Sensing (UCC, 2014)
B.A. Geography & Economics (UCC, 2011)
ie.linkedin.com/in/seanlynchgis