[Talk-GB] Drinking fountains, Ben Fogle, Find-A-Fountain, and Google Maps

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Tue Jul 25 22:39:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

I don't use Twitter but this is relevant (disclaimer: friend of mine did
this with my help):

http://pintant.cat/2015/04/12/benches-app-iphone/
http://pintant.cat/2016/02/03/slides-benches-at-geomob/

Slides with screenshots:
https://www.slideshare.net/cpina/benches-57485676

To install it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.evolutive.benches
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/benches/id962734704?mt=8

It shows benches, toilets and drinking fountains. iPhone and Android
app. My friend did another one with the same content and only toilets...
(marketing reasons).

Cheers,

On Jul/22/2017, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Yesterday, TV presenter Ben Fogle, who is (rightly) campaigning about
> the wasteful use of plastic bottles, asked on Twitter:
>
>    I think we should make a map of all public Drinking fountains
>    where we can refill bottles. Anyone willing to make a Water
>    fountain app?
>
>    https://twitter.com/Benfogle/status/888320163447222272
>
> I've replied pointing out that OSM has this data under open licence,
> but others have pointed to:
>
>    http://www.findafountain.org/
>
> which is adding pins to a Google-based map.
>
> I've reached out to them, too.
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing