[Talk-GB] Uploading pictures to OSM

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 18:42:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:57 PM, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> A single tag of the form flickr:id=  would work to provide a single
> reference photo. People have at various times tried to identify with tags
> the photos which they used as part of surveys to edit a particular element.
> Probably most used these days is mapillary:id= . In the main these are to
> help mappers check details of a thing mapped.

I think the correct key is mapillary (without the ":id"), see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:mapillary

I also think it would be better to upload "useful" pictures to
wikimedia commons, which is more suited for media with an open
license. In that case you can use image and wikimedia_commons tags.
Look e.g. at this church: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/59396138

regards
m.