[Talk-GB] Names of Police Authority areas

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed May 17 11:46:54 UTC 2017

Hi Jerry,

On 2017-05-17 13:26, SK53 wrote:

> When searching for places in Kent this usage produces odd results. Similarly I would expect something called Thames Valley to be that rather than the police force.

What are the "odd results"?

> PS. I would also note that boundary=police is not wholly satisfactory as police forces have subdivisions. Perhaps police_authority would be better.

Can't we use admin_level to represent the hierarchy? It would remain
distinct from the administrative units because it is boundary=police and
not boundary=administrative. As police forces are largely aligned to
(groups of) counties something like admin_level=5 might be good for the
(geographical) force areas, and perhaps admin_level=6/7/8 for top-level
divisions.

--colin