[Talk-GB] cryptic bicycle tagging/attribution on Lever Street in London

Adam Snape adam.c.snape at gmail.com
Fri May 19 19:36:15 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'd go with your option 1. The cycleway:right=opposite_lane tag is
incorrect as the lane is not contraflow

"*It should then be assumed that cycle traffic is allowed to flow in the
customary direction for traffic on that side of the road"*

And on a oneway street without a contraflow both sides of the road
customarily travel in the same direction. I think cycleway:right=lane is
perfectly correct. This is a good example where the left/right tagging
creates needless complication; the simple cycleway=lane tag would suffice.

Kind regards,

Adam